Building

Coordinator
Oct 7, 2007 at 9:18 PM
I received this message from a user, but decided to put it here in case anyone else is having problems:

Hello, Thanks for starting this ffmpeg.net project, I think it will become a very good wrapper for ffmpeg. I got the latest source using cpc.exe, but I can't seem to get the sample project (harness) to run. When I try to run the FFmpeg.NET.2005.sln project, it asks me for a path to the executable file I want to debug. Should this be v.exe (I tried this and it just crashes)? I don't have much experience with C# so I apologize if this is a newbie question. Thanks for your help.

-Matt

My reply:

Try putting a breakpoint in the firts line of Main() in Program.cs (Yes, I know the executable is named v.exe, I will fix this to a better name in the next checkin!). Does it ever reach the breakpoint (e.g. is it even trying to run Main())?
Oct 7, 2007 at 9:41 PM
Okay, I set the exe name to debug to be \bin\v.exe. The project does build okay, but I still can't run the sample. I put the breakpoint on the first line of Main() and I get this error from vs2005:

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
Message: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

It put up the error message and never did make it to that breakpoint. Any ideas?
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2007 at 9:47 PM
Edited Oct 7, 2007 at 9:47 PM
If you are building the Debug (shared DLL) configuration (which it must be shared if you are debugging), you have to copy the DLLS in the $(SolutionDir)/ffmpeg/dlls into the same folder as v.exe.

The exception is because it can't load the ffmpeg DLLs at this point.

Static compiling (e.g. everything is in one assembly) does not work yet for debug at this point.
Oct 7, 2007 at 9:56 PM
Up and running in debug! Thanks for the help.