Building and Referencing

Dec 24, 2007 at 7:35 PM
Hey All,

Sorry, I'm a bit confused on how to use the dll's. I compiled the solution that I downloaded from this page after setting up nant, etc. and get a variety of folders created. After compiling, one of the folders I see is "bin (debug shared)", Im trying to include a reference to the FFMpeg.net.dll that is created here to my own project (a webservice, if that matters). I can add the reference but I can't view it in the object browser and when I try to build my project, which prior to adding a reference to FFMpeg.net.dll compiled just fine, I now get the following error:

(0): Build (web): The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.
Mustafa-kidd
Coordinator
Dec 26, 2007 at 9:41 AM
Hi,

I will release a new codebase soon that should simplify the process a lot. Somehow, i am encountering the same issue as well with the old code base. Previously, the right thing to do was to copy the dlls fgrom the ffmpeg/dlls folder into the same folder as ffmpeg.net.dll, but somehow that doesn't seem to work anymore.

I will try to release the new codebase in a week or so; i'll try to document the whole process more fully as I underestimated the interest into this project.

Thanks for the patience! Tell me how things go with the copying dll solution... hasn't seemed to be working recently.

Dec 26, 2007 at 5:50 PM
Edited Dec 26, 2007 at 5:50 PM
Great thanks. Is it possible to get a copy of the current nightly build as I am in a rush to get this project completed.

Note that the error I see is upon compilation. When I attempted to run your "Harness" example project in the solution you provided, it was a runtime error until I copied the various dlls from ffmpeg/dlls to the same folder as the ffmpeg.net.dll.

very confusing.

Also, on an unrelated note, when I modified your harness example project to convert the audio stream from a wav file into an flv file, the conversion happens "successfully" but the output file is crackly and runs at what sounds like twice the speed as the original wav file. Can you provide an example that works properly in your next release? Thanks very much.

Mustafa-kidd